the kml school of comedy
Whether you're looking to sharpen your already stellar comedic writing or acting chops, or dip your toes in the sketch comedy pool for the first time, we're here to help.
All KML classes are structured to mirror our original process for creating fast, smart, fearless sketch comedy and will prepare you to think creatively, in a unique environment.
Our Guiding Principles
- EMPATHY- We believe in empathy and listening to each other. We foster a supportive and respectful environment and encourage self awareness without judgement.
- PROFESSIONALISM - We are professionals who create a structured and consistent experience that values your time and work.
- GROWTH - We strive to help each student grow. We start with a solid curriculum which reflects our comedic philosophy. We give honest, articulate, and objective feedback. Above all, we challenge students to move beyond their comfort zones with our support.
- TEAMWORK - We foster open dialogue, and celebrate each other's successes.
- PLAY - We create an open and playful environment which celebrates mistakes.
All our instructors are KML writers and actors who work consistently on KML productions and have first hand experience working quickly and utilizing the skill sets they teach to incoming students. For more info on our instructors, click here.
Click on the class you want to know more about, and start on your way to becoming part of the KML comedy community.